Heating and Air conditioning systems are an essential part of any or home or business, especially in areas with hot and cold climates. They help regulate indoor temperatures and keep the environment at comfortable inside. However, just like any other mechanical system, air conditioning and heating units may experience problems over time and require repair service.
Some Common issues we encounter during our inspection our AC units include:
- Dust Accumulation: If an air conditioning system is not regularly maintained, it will accumulate dust and dirt, which can block the airflow and reduce the unit’s efficiency.
- Freon leaks: Refrigerant is an essential component of an air conditioning unit, and if it leaks, it can cause the system to stop working.
- Faulty wiring: Faulty wiring can cause an air conditioning unit to trip the circuit breaker or fail to start.
- Thermostat issues: If the thermostat is not properly calibrated, it may not communicate with the air conditioning unit which will lead to incorrect temperature settings.
Air Conditioning check-up and maintenance:
Before an air conditioning unit experiences problems, it’s crucial to request a yearly checkup from an HVAC professional who will check the following:
- Refrigerant leak detection and repair: A technician can detect and repair any leaks in the refrigerant system, preventing further damage to the air conditioning unit.
- Electrical system inspection and repair: A technician can inspect and repair any faulty electrical connections or components within the air conditioning unit.
- Thermostat calibration and replacement: A technician can calibrate or replace the thermostat to ensure the air conditioning unit is functioning correctly.
- Airflow inspection and repair: A technician can inspect and repair any airflow issues that may be causing the air conditioning unit to malfunction.
- Preventative maintenance: Regular preventative maintenance can help keep an air conditioning unit in good working order and reduce the likelihood of future problems.